Make a Healthy Grocery List in Minutes - Sara Tips



Photo Credit: Photo by Peter Bond on Unsplash


My Banting Shopping List – Top 10 Items I Buy Weekly/Monthly
When it comes to going shopping when you are on a diet, it's super necessary that you have a shopping list handy. Most slip-ups happen when food shopping. It's easy to go off course and start buying stuff you are craving instead of buying what was necessary. I've put together a detailed list of what food items I purchase on a weekly or monthly bases depending on how long it can be in the fridge.



*Tip: Eat before you go out so that your food shop does not end up in a binge.

If you are wondering what to buy as a beginner Banter then here are ten things I always have in my basket:

*W – Weekly
*M – Monthly

Meat *M
I buy meat usually every month since I can freeze it and defrost as needed. But if I run across a sale mid-month, I stock up, so I save a little at the end of the month. Chicken, Pork Chops, Bacon, Steaks, and Mince, are common meats on my list.
I package all the meat in 2 person portions (Me and my Husband) and freeze it. I defrost what I need the next day overnight in the fridge.

Vegetables / Fruits *W
Depending on what is on the menu for the week. The usual is:

Cauliflower
Broccoli
Avocado
Onions
Garlic
Green beans
Zucchini
Olives
Peppers
Tomatoes
Lemons
Salad Items.

I try and have a significant portion of veg in comparison to meat with my meals to make sure I'm getting enough fiber. With stews or mince, I cook vegetable rice with Cauliflower and or Broccoli. With Chicken, Chops, and Steak, I like stir-fry veg or a salad. Avocado is an excellent source of fat; I have half an avo with a boiled egg for breakfast quite often.

Lard / Animal Fat *M
I buy Animal fats and make my Lard at home for frying and cooking. I then transfer it to a container that I keep in the fridge and use as needed.

Eggs *W
Eggs are great. Whether it's early morning or late shift at work and you don't have time to cook boiled eggs are great. I boil a week's worth of eggs and keep them ready in the fridge. I add them to my salads, or I eat them on the go. I'm also very fond of pickled eggs and often pickle eggs.

Butter *M
No explanation needed, butter is the golden goose egg of the low carb essentials. You can add it to almost every dish, and it makes everything delicious in my opinion!

Seeds*M
I like to add seeds like flax and sunflower seeds to my vegetable rice. I also add seeds to my salads. They are high in fiber and help with digestion, and that is an essential part of one's diet.

Fresh Herbs and Spices *W
I usually buy two kinds of herbs. Frozen and fresh. Did you know you can store a bunch of fresh parsley in a vase of water on the countertop? Cut about 2-3cm off the ends with a sharp knife and change the water daily.
Frozen herbs are great for cooking and have more flavor than dry herbs. I buy spices when needed depending on what I'm cooking.

Cheese *M
Cheese is a favorite snack in my home. Cheese always comes in handy when snacking or cooking/snacking and cooking.

Soda Water or Bottled Water *W
I am not a fan of tap water. The tap water where I live is "hard" and gives me heartburn, so I buy seven bottles a week. It also helps me monitor how much water I'm drinking, so I know if I'm not drinking enough water. I also like soda water and fragranced soda waters. Remember to recycle.

 Coffee and Tea *M
Just like most people, I need at least 1 cup of coffee a day, or I can't get anything done. I prefer a beautiful Strong blend, not too acidic, and drink my coffee black and bitter. I love Ice Tea, so I buy Organic fruit tea and make my own. I also love Rooibos tea with coconut milk.

It is my Weight Loss, Shopping List. All the items on this list are from the green plan, and that makes it a great shopping list for beginners.  Both my husband and I are on a low carb diet, and we lose around 300g-500g a week.
Once or twice a month, we will have orange list items like a little sweet potato or carrots, and that has not affected our weight loss at all. So it's safe to say that if you feel like it add some to your list.

If you find this list helpful, let me know in the comments.

Post a Comment

0 Comments